Audio Visual Technician
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Closing Date: 31 December, 2015
Waltham, NJ, USA
As an Audio Visual Technician, you will perform hands-on installation of a wide range of video conferencing and integrated audio and video equipment into corporate boardrooms and meeting rooms. You will work with Cisco equipment either on your own or working as part of an installation team. Once a system is installed, you will commission the system and solve any technical issues, liaising with clients to ensure their satisfaction. You will also be called upon to provide break/fix support to clients as required. This role offers the opportunity to receive on-going training and development to keep you up to date with the latest technologies in the video conferencing, integrated audio visual systems and unified communications market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with client’s schedule and set expectations.
- Coordinate with VIJU team for tech resources for project deployments.
- Extensive domestic and occasional international traveling to client locations.
- Assisting clients over telephone, video and/or client site troubleshooting audio visual and video conference equipment.
- Installing, managing and deploying VC and AV inventory.
- Independent installations and configuration of “portable” video conferencing portable systems.
- Provide training and client support to users in the operations of videoconferencing & audio visual systems.
- Make sure product is available and coordinate with the logistics team and client representative.
- Review BOM/SOW/CAD drawings prior to project launch.
- Work with AV Engineer & Programmer to confirm project requirements are completed efficiently.
- Develop in a lead role as the senior engineer with audio visual, video conferencing hardware installations, system testing, and end-user training.
- Develop in a lead role as the senior engineer with cabling installations requirements (soldering, cable pulls, terminations, etc.).
- Develop in a lead role as the senior engineer with audio visual, video conferencing equipment rack builds & installations.
- Develop in a lead role as the senior engineer for the installation of integrated systems.
- Conducting AV audits, appointment scheduling, coordinating facility scheduling with appointment schedule, and writing reports, with suggested action items.
- Project coordination will be a requirement to include interfacing with Architects, General Contractor, Electrical Contractor and clients throughout the entire phase of the projects assigned.
- All duties as assigned.
Professional Skills and Abilities
- Experience in AMX and/or Crestron is a plus
- Thorough and proven knowledge of installation techniques and National Electric Code (NEC) requirements are essential.
- In depth Polycom and Cisco video conferencing experience
- Good communication skills
- Extensive domestic travel to client locations primarily within the tri state area
Education & Experience
- ICIA CTS certification is preferred
Viju, Inc. is an EEO Employer Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons
Interested candidates are invited to complete the form or email their resumé to email@example.com. All enquiries and correspondence will be treated in the strictest confidence.